miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Sunday, June 13, 2010

summertime, and the livings FAR from easy

When Jazz Fest arrived right round earth day, we all were on a big high... Afterall, it seemed like it was gonna be a good year. We had rebounded, and we're coming into that five year window, that WE survived. As a city, as friends, as a community.

Then, that fateful blowout in the gulf, and the amount of BS, from BP, MSM, and the fed's. The lies, upon lies, upon lies, making it seem like Katrina all over again... only worse. Watching the news spin it, watching BP buy up huge lots for ads claiming they're doing all they can, and now FEMA, that four letter word, coming into play.

and just when it was safe to enjoy our summer.

I am horrified, discusted, and angry. I'm trying my best to put it on canvas, and I have a feeling, the country will be seeing OIL SPILL fatique, much like katrina, before summers end. Only that OIL? is WAY more than they ever said.

watching rachel maddow the other night, was one of the few reports I've seen that was accurate. Anderson Cooper stands in the quarter with James Carville, speculating... But Rachel? she gets in a boat, and takes you there.

John Voight decides to blast the president... Yeah, we live in the age of the blame game. Its all Obama's fault, cause thats how the republicans spin things, when they don't want you to see the real truth. A big Halliburton sign should be hung right there, where it says to blame Obama. This has more to do with Bush, and Cheney, than it does Obama. Those two made sure regulations were removed, and those two sold this country to corporations, and to big Oil, making us all slaves to the big oily man.

Sorry, but there will never be a day in my life that I forgive Dubya, and Darth Cheney. After eight years of wars we went into, so they could profit, to watching those two turn disaster upon disaster into more profits for them, I began to find the america I grew up in? A place of lies, greed and deceptions. Still is, I'm still standing here at ground zero, watching it unfold again.

However, I believe in being proactive, so I paint my anger, I doth protest too much, and I make damn sure that I collect dog food, for families who now can't afford to keep their pets... put together a benefit, to save the birds, and will continue to keep chipping away at the false american dream, for those that are glued to the corporate idiot box, brainwashed, and Oiled, by an american nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave