miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Thursday, April 8, 2010

once upon a mardiclaw.com

Its been a long pyrateweek, and its finally over, THANK GOD! and I can say this year brought some changes. I knew this going in, since last year I was the one who pretty much did all the local groundwork. This year I decided not to do so much work, but to do what I love most... which is put a parade together. Being the only person who actually lived here, I felt it necessary to see what the other two "event organizers" had to bring to the table. I'm glad I did.

So rather than go on about "pyrateweek", I choose to put something NEW on the table. The pyrateweek folks can go back to canada. I choose to find the support for a three day fun filled pyrate adventure, nola style, and festival style. Picking a different date, one that coincides with the krewes here, and not up against so many other great events...

this year was up against the freret street fair, the tennessee williams fest, louisiana food fest, and super sunday. So after jazzfest, I'll be calling together various folks to plan something much more fun for next year. I think everyone agrees with me, that a pyrate event in nola, should be done here locally, not done over the internet from miles away.

the bottom line? the locals showed support for local stuff... but have tired of the BS, that ONCE again, has been brought by someone who doesn't live here, yet knows more than all of us who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave