miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Thursday, April 15, 2010

the current state of murder

I was just asked why I thought there was a spike in murders round the city, and honestly?  I don't know the answer.   I just don't spend much time reading the papers, or watching the news, since we were misrepresented during that fateful summer of 2005.  Between that, and 9-11?  I just view the news as BS, and not news.   Seeing murder after murder?  Just doesn't get me going so much, why?  maybe I've just gotten so jaded, I don't care, but either way?  YES, I did see the headlines...

It wasn't so long ago that the headlines were hidden, when murders just one block up the street from me, were a weekly event.  They seem to have disappeared, or more likely, everyone involved, died?  Leaving no one to kill...  These recent killing sprees seem to be in the public eye, several right there during french qtr fest, right in the middle of a busy intersection.

Maybe these kids just got out, maybe its a last moment of murder spree, making a reference to the end of Mayor Nagin, maybe its just random....  I dunno, but I have noticed that suddenly we're surrounded by murder again...  Including the home invasions in my hood, that have been hidden from the public eye.

When will nola stop this outrageous cycle? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave