miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Monday, May 24, 2010

treme, daymo

tough episode tonite. LaDonna finds her brother, which opened up a HUGE roomful of tears... I even had to suck it up, and realized that all those trucks were FULL of dead bodies, and to find that her brother was a victim of the system? Really hit home. We have such a messed up system here in nola. I hear these stories all the time. sad sad stories...

I read salon today, and the reviewer was dissing the show, and I got the feeling that she's never been here. her question had lots to do with the Daymo character... well now she knows... we all know.

Brings up so many stories of people who never returned, were never found, and most likely are gone. When I see the count that the government called "those who died" I'm reminded that THAT isn't the true number. You have to count those who died of broken hearts, those who were never found, and those who were murdered, when all they were, were folks looking for someplace to go. I'm sure there were many up to no good, but the killing went on. We're finally talking about the danziger bridge, finally getting to the bottom of endless rampages of murder... and for what?

I'd like to cry murder right now, since the OIL whores are killing us. the swamps in st bernard? are done. Our line of first defense has been swallowed once again, and for what? so folks can drive their cars fast? sucking up gas? petrolium..? and to think we won't even see our royalties until 2017!

yeah, we all get the short bus on this one... AGAIN...

and all those missing? I wish for their familes to find closure. Certainly, many are still wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave