miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mothers day!

well, being mothers day and all, I had to post something regarding my mom. We don't always see eye to eye, but this last year has been rough for her, and myself. I have two older brothers, who have no respect for her, and have shown us their true colors in the last six months, resulting in stress on her, and my stepfather, that I'm sure won't go unwarrented, in their old age, when they hope family stands behind them.

the good news is... my mom has realized that sometimes when something bad goes down, something good, comes forward. I guess that would be me. I came to her aid recently, and got her a new lawyer, one who stands behind her, and is prepared to fight for her, in case my bro's try to commit her. Trust me, my mom is FAR from being lost in her mind. If anyone is, it would be them. As they teach their kids to disrespect the elderly, I laugh, and remember my mom and her tenacity.

When my father died in 1990, he said to her, "Gladys, your the most obstinate woman I ever knew, and I still love you for it..."

So here's to my mom, for teaching me, that sometimes, being a bitch is all a woman has to defend herself with, and sometimes being a bitch is all we have. This bitch? Stands behind her mom... Who is growing old gracefully now, without my two greedy, disrespectful brothers...

here's to you MOM, for making me a tough old broad.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave