miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Mardigras!

it is upon us. As a local, I'm hiding, going to meetings, making plans of themes, costumes, banners, paintings, and throws. Krewe Du Vieux really kicks it off for me, and I've been a member since K. I rolled in the first parade after the storm. It was an experience that topped off going through the hurricane itself...

this year is most likely going to be different, as I'm short on cash, yet working hard FOR cash, and changing my employment to reflect more art, and less bar.

So you just might see me out there in a different krewe this year!
YES INDEED!

Some things have changed, beginning with krewe of bierbog in baton rouge. I would love to roll again, but I don't think I can, because I have to work that night. Only two shifts a week these days, so I can't really ask for them off. Last year, I rolled, and I also designed the float for this spanishtown subkrewe, and won the best float award. I had a blast, I had no idea that a parade in baton rouge could even compare to my new orleans.

then there's a new party like a pyrate party going on in april, before the pyrateweek people come here. I regret ever having anything to do with them, as they spread all kinds of BS last year. From saying they lived here, to saying they volunteered their time, to whatever other BS they could come up with. Lets just say that I'm not real fond of people who "pretend" to live here. Including the 504 area code phone that they pay for, just to keep up the charade.

either way, us locals will have already done our pyrate thing, by the time they arrive. I'm sure the entire "8" or so people they get to come, will be the ones disappointed, so I try really hard to get the word out. Whatever you do, don't give them money. you can donate your services anytime to lower nine, and you can participate in pyrate stuff here in nola, if you stay in touch with the krewe of wenches, or krewe of pyrates. nolapyrateweek is a couple from canada. NOT from nola.

boxx of wine, I think I'm rollin, right out there in front of bacchus. Krewe Delusion, and possibly the valentines parade too. we'll see. Either way, I'll be out there on mardigras day with wildman john, of the wild tchoupatoulas, and then later on mardigras day, checkin in with sysco red, and burning spear tribe at five pm at the hi ho lounge.

so get out there and enjoy the gras.
it will be a long carnival this year... YES INDEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave