miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Sunday, January 2, 2011

end of the year/murder

how frustrating, to go on vacation, knowing that home invasions are up, and even rape and torture. AND to know that the victims? are friends, making it even scarier. Not so much as a peep from the police on this issue, not so much of a report listed for the public. I don't know if they were reported, and I don't know why, if they were reported? that the public hasn't been warned. I do know this, everyone is on edge, and is talking about it.

So much so, that I warned a couple of it, just doors down, before I left town. Then, the day after christmas, I get word from our housesitter, that a man had been murdered, at that very house. NOW, I'm concerned even more, and unfortunately my mind somehow had the notion, that it was the couple.

It was. They had just moved here. I'm not sure what really happened, but Jon is gone, and left behind is his girlfriend and their puppy.

then, days later a fire would claim 8 more. sleeping in a warehouse, and burning debris, didn't end well. I knew one of the 8, and now just found out that one of the 8, is a friends daughter. A Local girl.

as I read posts everywhere, trying to make sense of what happened, I'm compelled to make commentary, that you might agree with, and might not.
you just don't light fires in the middle of a building, without the proper "damper" to handle the carbon monoxide. its called a fireplace for a reason. I know, it was cold out, but common sense should've still be in place. really frightening stuff.

To add insult to injury, two close friends, lost their lovers, this holiday season. To Morwen, and to Rhonda, I wish you the best. Whatever I can do for you, let me know.

To all of you out there, is it me, or does it seem that the end of the year, is always filled with murder? Like we have to try and keep those numbers up? I mean, 26 bullets into magnolia shorty? really?

well, to my dismay, the patrols have stopped here on st roch. A petition, to make them go away. days later, a murder. At the same time? those same patrols, missed gunshots just a half block away, while cruising. Police never even heard the shots just weeks before Jon's murder.
So the petition? not really the problem. more like the police.

The only way to be accountable? Or to think its all accountable? Is police reports. Basically a report of crimes in your neighborhood. The police should provide that.
transparency....

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave