miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thanksgiving, turkey's, and the state of mysogyny

happy holidays to those who partake in the turkey known as thanksgiving. I personally? only partake of it, because I get invited somewhere. Its an okay holiday, but My parents always went to Hawaii years ago, to get away from it. An entire month, spent on the beaches, and in the warm breezes of the south pacific. Eating a dinner in a restaurant, and avoiding the big cooking mess.

My favorite thanksgiving of years ago, was in Arizona. Camping out in the woods, on property, and we had a great feast, and party. Chilly weather at night, and a bonfire that was huge. hiking in the dark, drinking, carrying on, and good friends.

Other times of fun, have been shortly after katrina, when Kim was working on bourbon, and I spent the day riding my bike round the city, stopping to see him, for a small tasty plate of food. avoiding parties, and just enjoying the warm weather.

last year, went to lou lou's, and met heather and her son. a very special thanksgiving, with many new friends, and just a wonderful day. I have been invited again, but have a nasty cold, so I don't know if I'll venture out.

FRINGE
The fringe festival was fun. I got the opportunity to parade with the burning spear tribe, and my sister, and her son. We had a really great time, and then brought it into the hi ho lounge. It was an interesting show, talking about 2012, and the rise of feminine energy in the world. Mayans predictions, mother earths anger, and what the future holds. She then proceeded to do readings in the room. Pretty right on the money, with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave