miguel and big queen

miguel and big queen
anba dlo parade

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

august and september, a time to remember

its been quite a few weeks, filled with parties, birthdays, saints hype, and more. I'm as tired as a mardi gras girl could be. somehow, I keep going...

I finally got to see the black men of labor parade. All the dancing, and all the music. Quite a sight to see, even though I had to step out before it was over.

Usually I go to the gay parade. I haven't done it in years, but this year? different. I'm glad I did it. I saw Honey from the creole wild wild west... He had been out all night, and hadn't been to the parade in years... My conversation the night before? got him out there, without sleep, and with Indian Suit still in the car... :)

The night before, I had a cancellation at the hi ho, with Bo Dollis Jr. His dad had gone in the hospital. There I was on labor day weekend, without a band. So I called Wild Man John and Honey, and they appeared. The night went off really well, and actually was less stressful, than the night before. At one point, the drumming suddenly got louder, and the door had opened, and other Indians came through the door, joining in. It was magical as always.

So I'm looking forward to seeing more Indian shows at the hiho... expect sundays to be an Indian practice, after the saints...

happy Indian Summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice or leave